Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Wherever Waymo works, Business Support teams are on the job. We’re the real estate specialists who find and build amazing workspaces and research facilities; the systems experts who develop and run our intuitive IT and business tools; the multitasking administrators who plan events, manage vendors, and orchestrate the daily activities of our teams and leaders. Together, we do everything it takes to keep Waymo rolling.
In this Events Coordinator role, you'll:
- Overall responsibility for the successful execution of company-wide internal events
- Runs and coordinates the recurring company-wide internal meetings, social gatherings (such as holiday parties, team social hours etc)
- Coordinates and flawlessly supports large team gatherings, on-site or offsite, by organizing logistics and project managing events alway working within or below budget
- Creatively works to support logistics and coordination for external events overseen by our marketing team
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- Excellent relationship building and negotiating skills with third party vendors
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Well organized and proven project management skills
- Comfortable with change and flexible to adapt to a rapidly evolving set of priorities
It's preferred if you have:
- Great problem-solving skill and a can do attitude
- Proactive communication skills
- Enjoys vendor negotiation and event coordination, and has a knack for sales and marketing
- Creativity and ability to nurture ideas into actual events
- Prior marketing or events coordination related experience or administrative support roles are a plus
- BS or equivalent degree preferred
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.