Sr. Hardware Validation and Triage Engineer
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this electrical engineering role, you'll:
- Lead hardware PCBA and system validation by creating, executing and managing electrical validation plans at both board and system levels. You will also design system tests that scale to large number of units in lab.
- Debug failures that come from initial bringup, validation, factory screening that appear to be system electrical issues.
- Lead the analysis of test results and work with internal and external teams to discover and isolate root causes and improve designs and/or processes
- Drive systematic improvements in debug methods, tools and features based on your findings and expertise
- Optimize test procedures for various measurements
- Develop signal integrity and power integrity simulation and signoff methodology. Perform layout review and feedback to designers for improvements.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Ph.D degree with 3+ years experience, or MS with 5+ years experience
- Experience with hands-on debug and problem-solving
- Proficient in using O-scopes, Power supplies, Electronic loads, RLC, DMM, VNA, frequency counters, generators, TDA, spectrum analyzers
- Familiar with Linux terminal environment - commands, executing programs, compiling source code.
It’s preferred if you have:
- Working knowledge of Python, C/C++ and ability to modify existing code and create new test scripts out of existing libraries
- Patient and disciplined problem-solving skills in the face of partial data
- Deep understanding of circuit fundamentals - for example dcdc regulators, filters, KVL, KCL, EMC
- Strong knowledge of electronic test methodologies
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.