Full Stack Engineer, Fleet Response
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Software Engineering builds the brains of Waymo's fully self-driving vehicles. Our software allows our vehicles to perceive the world around them, make the right decision for every situation, and deliver people safely to their destinations. We think deeply and solve complex technical challenges in areas like robotics, perception, decision-making and deep learning, while collaborating with hardware and systems engineers. If you’re a software engineer or researcher who’s curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you.
In this Software Engineering role, you'll:
- Leverage off-board resources to help our self-driving vehicles in highly ambiguous or complex situations.
- Work with onboard engineering teams to anticipate and plan for issues at the edge of our self-driving capabilities.
- Work closely with our Fleet Response Operations team on tools for our support teams.
- Have the opportunity to work on the full length and breadth of the problem (distributed systems, client UIs, web apps, data analysis, etc).
We'd like you to have at a minimum:
- A BS or MS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- A generalist mindset, willing to learn a breadth of new skills
- Comfort as a full-stack engineer
- Enjoy working closely with your users
- Experience with web app development, including frontend and backend
We’d prefer you to have experience with at least one of:
- Programming in C++
- Distributed systems
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.