Software TPM Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role you’ll:
- Oversee the Driverless Deployment (D2) program; a cross-functional program which focuses on the safe deployment of autonomous vehicles on public roads
- Meet with senior leads across Engineering, Systems Engineering, and Data Science on a regular basis and make improvements to the Driverless Deployment program
- Have the ability to highlight programmatic risks across all Waymo functions (engineering, simulation, operations, structured validation, metrics, etc.)
- Be responsible for critical milestones for SW deployment (feature freeze, scope decisions, etc.)
- Mentor the Waymo SW technical program management team
We’d like you to have:
- A BS Degree in engineering or technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience, with 5+ years successfully managing complex software development efforts, including tools and processes, breaking down and estimating work, prioritization and issue management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; experience crafting compelling messages for multiple audiences
- Proven influencing and collaboration abilities
- The ability to deliver to a high standard under pressure in a rapidly evolving environment
It's preferred if you have:
- Lead Driverless Deployment program experience; developing self-driving SW deployment processes
- Experience improving the predictability and cadence of self-driving SW development
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.