Security Engineer- Penetration Testing, Software
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Security is critical to the development and testing of the self driving car (SDC) software. It enables engineers to rapidly iterate and understand the subtle consequences of any change to the SDC software.
In this Security Engineer - Penetration Testing, Software role, you’ll:
- Identify security issues in product designs and/or implementations related to Waymo autonomous vehicles and its connected ecosystem
- Develop security requirements for Waymo engineering teams
- Work with Waymo engineering teams to help them build security knowledge and resolve security related problems
- Performing security assessments of autonomous vehicle systems (including connected ecosystem) and identifying requirements for engineering
- Penetration testing of autonomous vehicle systems
- Collaborating with engineering on security related information during design/development/testing
- Keeping up to date on new vulnerability information and determining its relevance to Waymo
- Performing security audits on 3rd party products
- Aide in developing security best practices for Waymo engineering
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 3+ years Penetration testing of connected computer systems
- 3+ years Reverse Engineering software
- 3+ years Software development (in C or C++)
- Demonstrated in-depth technical knowledge of C++ programming language
- Demonstrated in-depth technical knowledge of Linux operating system
- Must work well in a collaborative environment, including working with other teams
It’s preferred if you have:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of experience in Network security
- 2+ years of experience in Automotive security
- Experience performing Vulnerability discovery
- 3+ years of performing threat assessments on computer systems
- 2+ years of experience in Python
- Curious and inventive thinker. Not afraid to try something new.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.