Program Manager, Software Quality Operations
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
As its name suggests, our Engineering Operations team plays a vital role in the creation and development of Waymo's self-driving technology. Software Quality, Labeling and Mapping Operations are all part of this team: we review critical events, flag problematic cases, build sets of labeled data for machine learning, and make sure our high-definition maps are extraordinarily accurate.
In this role you'll:
- Coach, develop and lead a high performing team of technical specialists
- Drive operational rigor, ensuring timely execution against business critical priorities
- Partner with Engineering and Product to develop and execute technical work-plans involving analysis using simulation tools
- Lead strategic initiatives involving tooling, process and infrastructure that help scale the organization
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 3+ years leading technical projects and/or teams with excellent project management skills
- 2+ years of direct people management experience
- BA/BS in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
- A background in consulting, operations, technology, technical/program management or equivalent experience
- A self-motivated team player attitude; capable of operating in ambiguous, fast-paced environments
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills with an innovative mindset
It’s preferred if you have:
- MBA or Operations focused graduate work
- Strong technical skills; ability to work with engineers across multiple disciplines
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.