Staffing Operations Lead
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take seriously our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture.
In this role you'll:
- Responsible for ownership for staffing systems and tools including leveraging existing systems, recommend and launch new system/tool launches and updates. Involve, align and manage relevant stakeholders across teams to drive successful launches and updates, including partners across Alphabet.
- Provide analytical insights and reporting for the staffing function, including analytical deep dives, building business cases, defining actionable plans and the roadmap to achieve goals in order to improve efficiencies and accurate resourcing models
- Informed by data, identify bottlenecks and inefficiencies in the hiring process to drive improvements in the hiring process, in partnership with other Recruiting Leads and executive leadership
- Responsible for the vendor management which would include immigration, relocation and background providers
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- Experience with recruiting systems, processes and analytics (e.g., recruiting lifecycle, contingent workforce management, etc.)
- Business process and project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years of experience in operational management, corporate strategy, strategy consulting and/or human resources environment
- Must have authorization to work in the United States
It’s preferred if you have:
- MBA degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven ability to collaborate with and influence stakeholders across organizational boundaries.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, proficiency in conducting data analyses and uncovering insights based on data.
- Demonstrated analytical and structured problem solving capabilities.
- Excellent executive communication and presentation development skills, with the ability to take complex, ambiguous topics and turn them into stories that spark an audience.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.