Sr. Manager, Staffing & People Operations
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take seriously our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture.
In this role you'll:
- Lead a team of people managers, program managers and specialists responsible for delivering day to day operational support to the employee base from onboarding to offboarding, as well as the operational elements of Waymo’s recruiting processes and programs
- Participate in the selection and training of new team members as well as the performance evaluation and coaching of these employees, creating and sustaining a positive team environment
- Own HR and recruiting systems and tools including leveraging existing systems and implementing new systems/tools. Involve, align and manage relevant stakeholders across teams to drive successful launches and updates, including partners across Alphabet
- Provide analytical insights and reporting for the HR and staffing functions, including analytical deep dives, building business cases, defining actionable plans and the roadmap to achieve goals in order to improve productivity and user experience
- Manage vendor relationships across the HR services stack, such as third-party software, immigration, relocation and background check providers, inclusive of negotiating services and managing SLAs
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years of experience in operational management, corporate strategy, business strategy consulting and/or human resources consulting
- 3+ years of direct people management experience
- Must have authorization to work in the United States
It’s preferred if you have:
- MBA degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience establishing HR processes and infrastructure in a high-growth organization, leveraging broad HR domain expertise
- Proven ability to collaborate with and influence stakeholders across organizational boundaries
- Demonstrated analytical and structured problem solving capabilities as well as proficiency in conducting data analyses and uncovering insights and recommendations based on data
- Excellent executive communication and presentation development skills, with the ability to take complex, ambiguous topics and turn them into stories that spark an audience
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.