Infrastructure Strategy Lead
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The Strategy & Business Operations team plans Waymo’s dynamic future and drives the company’s go-to-market strategy and strategic execution. We leverage quantitative and qualitative analysis to create long-term business strategies and help execute on Waymo’s commercial deployment. We run a lean team, creating the opportunity for each team member to generate substantial impact on Waymo’s business.
As our first Infrastructure Strategy Manager, you’ll:
- Develop and help execute a strategic long-term infrastructure plan for Waymo’s ride hailing service; focused on where, when, and how to store, charge, maintain, clean, and stage our autonomous ride hailing vehicles
- Work with Operations, Product, Engineering, and Finance to define a long-term vision and requirements for our infrastructure plans
- Run network optimization analyses to test and refine our infrastructure plan
- Define build vs. buy vs. partner strategy for all aspects of our infrastructure needs
- Alongside the Partnerships team, work with external public and private partners to ensure feasibility and manage execution of the strategic infrastructure plan
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- 7+ years of work experience in operations, strategy, or similar roles
- Extensive experience in optimizing physical networks
- Experience or familiarity with the electricity industry across the value chain (i.e., generators, utilities, electric vehicle charging)
- Effective leadership skills with demonstrated ability to drive impact
- Excellent problem solving, strategic thinking, and project management skills
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and a fast paced industry
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.