Administrative Business Partner
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The Strategy & Business Operations team plans Waymo’s dynamic future and drives the company’s go-to-market strategy and execution. We leverage quantitative and qualitative analysis to create long-term business strategies and help execute on Waymo’s commercial deployment. We run a lean team, creating the opportunity for each team member to generate substantial impact on Waymo’s business.
In this Administrative Business Partner role, you will:
- Perform an extensive array of administrative tasks for our Chief Commercial Officer (manage very busy calendar, book travel/events, process expenses, meeting coordination, schedule facilities & equipment, etc)
- Increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our executive by providing the ultimate administrative support, all while working in and navigating a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Serve as a lead and manager for small projects as required, mentor new team members, and setup tools to onboard new team members quickly
- Plan space as the company grows exponentially
- Manage team meetings and help coordinate team and company-wide events
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 9+ years of experience in administration supporting directors or above with large teams
- Experience in providing executive-level support, and experience leading projects from conception to completion
- Experience with, and interest in, using technology to improve work efficiency
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions and an ability to adhere to an expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters
- The highest levels of discretion and confidentiality
It’s preferred if you have:
- Technology-related or start-up environment experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of process, project and program management theory and practices, with the ability to apply them when solving operational issues
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.