Senior Product Engineer, External Lidar Sales
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
You'll be a key member of an emerging business unit within Waymo. We're looking for someone who can think on their feet, make smart decisions in high-stress situations, and thrive in startup-like environments.
In this Senior Product Engineer, External Lidar Sales role, you'll:
- Interface with lidar customers to understand their needs
- Collaborate with customers to design custom lidar integration solutions
- Customize Lidar electrical and mechanical hardware to satisfy customer needs
- Design electrical and mechanical hardware needed to interface the Lidar to customer applications
- Coordinate with manufacturing for customer-specific or customer-customized hardware
- Develop and coordinate customer-specific tests of Lidar hardware or performance
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- Experience designing and bringing up electronic and mechanical devices
- Experience collecting and analyzing data in a lab setting
- Strong communication skills
- Broad knowledge of the Lidar industry
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience with optical devices
- Experience working with boards that include network interfaces and power supplies
- Experience with Systems Engineering
- Interest in working with customers and developing business opportunities
- Experience leading small technical teams
- Desire to get your hands dirty with the technology
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.