Advanced Manufacturing Equipment Technical Program Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this Hardware Engineering role, you'll:
- Manage custom equipment programs from equipment definition, technology and supplier selection, statement of work, execution
- Manage suppliers, their activities. and deliverables
- Manage internal and external collaborations related to custom equipment
- Manage budget and schedule related to equipment program activities
- Provide technical program management of internal team of mechanical, electrical, software and automation engineers in cross-functional automation/equipment programs
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with custom equipment development programs end-to-end
- Experience working with custom equipment design and manufacturing suppliers
- Strong technical program management skills: detail-oriented, clear communicator, thrives in ambiguity
- Good understanding of equipment development life-cycle, how to specify and qualify complex equipment
It's preferred if you have:
- Experience with complex processes and equipment (e.g. semiconductor manufacturing process, production metrology equipment)
- Experience with development and manufacturing automation
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.