Manager, Product Analytics
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this Product Data role you'll:
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Own the mission & roadmap of Waymo’s Product Analytics team
- Manage work of multiple analysts, including technical guidance and project scoping
- Define & track key metrics for Waymo’s product org
- Present findings to leadership to influence product roadmap
- Partner with the product team to drive metrics ownership and improvement cross-functionally
- Identify opportunities for product improvement and optimization
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience in roles related to analytics, optimization, statistics, and/or quantitative modeling
- Prior management experience. You will be leading a strong team of technical contributors immediately and growing it over time
- Strong experience with common analysis tools - SQL, Python, R. Familiarity with code and programming concepts
- A strategic mindset to be able to bring explanations and recommendations in addition to our top metrics
- Excellent cross-functional organization. This role will be interfacing with product, engineering, operations, and more - including our leadership team
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.