PCB Layout Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this Cadence Layout Manager role, you'll:
- Conduct design feasibility studies to evaluate the PCB design goals for performance, cost, and manufacturing.
- Assist PCB Designers in the resolution of critical design problems. Train PCB Designers in specialized areas of PCB design.
- Propose PCB design trade-offs to the engineering design team for resolution and implementation.
- Perform complex and difficult CAD and CAE tasks requiring extensive skills and knowledge of tools and relevant knowledge in SI/PI, DFM, ME, thermal etc.
- Lead and manage complex projects. Coordinate with Design, Test, SI/PI, EMC, and manufacturing teams to resolve PCB design issues.
We'd like you to have:
- 10+ years of Cadence high speed board design experience
- Experience in the design of complex multi-layer PCBs and ultra-fine pitch BGAs for high speed and critical power delivery systems
- Experience in SOC package design is a plus
- Good understanding of mixed signal circuits and good understanding of signal & power integrity.
- Excellent communication skills working with cross functional teams
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.