Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this Packaging Engineer role, you'll:
- Packaging concept ideation, design, development, documentation, test validation and MP ramp.
- The position will require developing valid packaging solutions, from high-level design concepts to development and implementation.
- Prior experience in sustainable, retail packaging design and implementation.
- Responsible for the concept ideation, design, development, documentation creation, validation and release focusing on Waymo products. Close cooperation with Engineering, ID, UX, Marketing, Operations and Logistics.
- Interaction with offshore suppliers and will require periodic travel to sites both within and outside of the USA developing valid packaging solutions from high-level design concepts.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BS degree in packaging engineering, related engineering or science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of relevant industry experience with various packaging materials used in consumer packaging.
- Packaging CAD design experience using both 2D and 3D applications.
- Understanding and experience with international testing standards such as ASTM, ISTA, etc.
- Packaging design and development for high volume products.
It’s preferred if you have:
- Able to drive people/groups for quality, schedule or design both internally and externally Experience in managing multiple packaging projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience in product fragility analysis and lab testing of packaged products.
- Experience designing and managing printed and folded package materials and manuals.
- Ability to work 'hands-on' both in the office and at manufacturing sites.
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.