Associate Brand Marketing Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
On the Waymo Marketing team, you will help to connect people with the magic and impact of Waymo's self-driving technology. Our team has the unique opportunity to not only grow Waymo's brand from the ground up, but to also build societal acceptance for fully self-driving technology for the first time in history. We build thoughtful marketing strategy, positioning, messaging and creative assets to deliver messages that matter to our audience, communicated through anything from video content, to social media interactions, to immersive physical experiences. We also shape Waymo's go-to-market initiatives, helping to transform Waymo into a thriving business with a growing user base.
In this role, you’ll:
- Be a champion of the Waymo brand as the owner and go-to person for photo and video assets, brand guidelines, and approvals
- Write strategic briefs and work with the graphic design team to develop custom graphics and assets for all company-wide needs
- Protect Waymo’s brand identity by managing trademarks, domains, external logo usage, and partner marketing content
- Develop and manage marketing materials including local signage, brochures, and collateral
- Provide support on brand, social, and experiential marketing campaigns
- Help with budget management and agency contracting
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BS/BA degree with a minimum of four years experience in brand marketing, brand strategy, or design. Strong portfolio of past strategic or creative work.
- Design and detail-oriented, with a passion for visual storytelling
- Exceptional communications skills and copywriting ability
- Proven cross-departmental collaboration with PR, policy, public affairs and product teams
- Self-starter who is comfortable solving problems that haven’t been answered before
- Highly seasoned project manager; organized and resourceful
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.