People Relations Partner (Employee Relations)
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take seriously our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture.
In this role, you'll:
- Respond to employee and temp/vendor/contractor issues or concerns in a timely manner, building rapport and trust as we engage
- Pull meaningful insight and data from our case management tool to better inform the HR/People team and business leaders on trends and suggest process improvements and build capability with our leaders
- Partner closely with multiple internal and external stakeholders, driving the investigation process in a timely and responsive manner
- Respond to any requests for accommodation at Waymo, engaging in the ADA interactive process including understanding the business and balancing that with the ADA process
- Help drive projects as needed, across Waymo People team
- As we continue to develop the function, help us to develop guiding principles and philosophies around this work
- Be part of a highly engaged and positive team environment
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- 5+ years doing Employee Relations case work as an HRBP or in Employee Relations
- Experience handling sensitive and/or highly visible investigations
- Experience working with external partners to successful resolution on cases
- Track record of strong collaboration skills, and highly trusted
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and verbal
We'd like you to have:
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Working knowledge of employment law as part of the role
- Experience with Diversity and Inclusion efforts or participation in Diversity and Inclusion sessions
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.