People Relations Partner (Employee Relations)
Chandler, Arizona, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take seriously our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture.
In this role, you'll:
- Ensure that the investigation/grievance/disciplinary process is handled in a fair and timely manner and that appropriate recommendations are made consistent with local, state, federal legal requirements and Waymo policy.
- Partner closely with the external staffing partners and vendors to investigate matters with temps, vendors and contractors in resolving issues or concerns in a timely manner.
- Develop and provide coaching and guidance to managers involved in the investigation/disciplinary/grievance process with the HRBPs’ partnership.
- Provide insights and recommendations to stakeholders across Waymo, based on business interactions in Chandler and investigation themes.
- Track, analyze and interpret ER metrics to provide insights on trends and opportunities to HRBPs and the business.
- Partner with local Waymo business leaders in Chandler on programs and projects as needed by the business/HRBPs.
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Employee Relations investigation experience (5 years +) gained in either an HR Generalist role, an Employee Relations / Investigations role
- 8+ years of HR Generalist or combined HR experience; successful experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and flexible work environment.
- Extensive experience of conducting and advising on investigations/grievances in the U.S., in addition to experience in advising on a broad range of employee relations including restructuring, performance management and leave management.
- Ability to establish strong cross functional relationships at all levels and geographies and to interact with and effectively influence right up to senior levels of the People Team and the business; understanding of the business strategies and priorities as well.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills with a proven ability to handle sensitive matters with tact and diplomacy, including with external vendors/partners as needed
We'd like you to have:
- Working knowledge of employment law as part of the role
- Experience with Diversity and Inclusion efforts or participation in Diversity and Inclusion sessions
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.