Waymo launched the world’s first commercial self-driving transportation service in Dec 2018 and is now growing fast towards the ultimate goal of fully self-driving service at scale.
Software Engineering builds the brains of Waymo's fully self-driving vehicles. Our software allows our vehicles to perceive the world around them, make the right decision for every situation, and deliver people safely to their destinations. We think deeply and solve complex technical challenges in areas like robotics, perception, decision-making and machine learning, while collaborating with hardware and systems engineers. If you’re a software engineer or researcher who’s curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you.
In this role you will:
- Work with world-class experts in the field of autonomous vehicle on software architecture and design, system and module specification, evaluation metrics, specification and implementation of test frameworks and tests
- Optimize software to run robustly under tight run-time constraints
- Work with experts in machine learning to design and implement tools to efficiently generate compact representations of training data for Machine Learning algorithms, and to optimize deep net performance
- Implement user friendly tools to search through data sets, evaluate performance, and analyze evaluation results
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience
- At least 5 years industry experience designing, writing, and maintaining production-level code
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, parallel programming, code optimization, and large scale data processing
- Expertise in C++
- Experience writing and maintaining robust safety critical software
- Experience in data analysis and optimizing deep net performance
- Experience writing modular testable software and developing evaluation metrics
- Experience in one or more of Robotics/Machine Learning/Motion Planning
- Experience with TensorFlow
- Experience in Python
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.