Customer Success Manager
San Francisco, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
We’ve been developing our own set of sensors from the ground up since 2011, making Waymo the first company in the world to put fully self-driving cars on public roads. In early 2019 we started making these sensors available to companies outside of self-driving. The Lidar Business team is a team within Waymo focused on selling our lidars to the world to help others achieve their own technological breakthroughs. As a member of this entrepreneurial and results-oriented team, you will work cross functionally & have a significant impact on building our fast-growing lidar business within the company of Waymo.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with the Sales & Marketing teams to provide support to customers that facilitates additional sales on a highly technical product.
- Manage the Customer Service team to build out processes that support our growing customer base, collaborating closely with legal, finance and engineering.
- Support a highly technical product & act as key Waymo representative and relationship manager, liaising regularly with engineers.
- Work with senior-level engineers and product managers to help define the product roadmap for our emerging business
- Ad hoc programmatic & project support for team wide initiatives.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 6-8 years of customer support experience in the technology sector supporting a highly technical product.
- 3+ years experience in a sales supporting role.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
- Excellent problem-solving, strategic thinking, project management, interpersonal and communication skills; ability to develop and maintain quality relationships with 3rd party partners. Self-motivation, strong attention to detail, and a sense of urgency around delivering on team goals; ability to thrive in ambiguity and a fast-paced environment
- Experience working cross-functionally, particularly with product, engineering and partner stakeholders
- Experience managing a small team; Experience managing contractors
It’s preferred if you have:
- Customer Support experience with highly technical products in start-up environments, preferably working with Lidars.
- History of developing and successfully implementing scalable solutions to complex problems within a rapidly-evolving organization
- MBA is a plus
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.