Fleet Operations Safety Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The Waymo Safety Team works to promote and ensure the safety of Waymo’s fully self-driving vehicles. Our experts develop safety goals and strategies, and conduct safety engineering analyses to ensure safety is being considered throughout design and is being integrated into our technology. The team develops and promotes safety strategies and policies for autonomous vehicles for its work with regulatory authorities, lawmakers, law enforcement and public and non-profit organizations. Our Safety Team also helps to ensure Waymo is complying with applicable safety regulations.
In this Fleet Operations Safety Manager role, you’ll:
- Provide oversight and guidance for the operations that have safety and environmental functions
- Ensure that written policies related to safety and environmental issues are developed, kept up to date, effectively communicated and followed
- Travel between ops locations, conducting safety audits and developing best practices
- Prepare and/or review material to be presented at safety briefings
- Maintain documentation to demonstrate compliance with federal, local and state EHS regulations
- Compile data into clear and concise performance metrics
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- 5-10 years experience managing fleet safety and workplace safety in light industrial settings for large organizations across multiple locations
- 5 years experience in working with DOT regulations
- Bachelor's Degree
- Demonstrated leadership skills, to include mentoring and coaching team members
- Knowledge of fleet safety best practices
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with operations teams and others to maintain a proactive EHS culture and effective EHS programs
- Experience developing and implementing EHS management programs that support multiple operations and ensure legal/regulatory compliance in the workplace
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience working as part of a team and independently across multiple locations and regions
- Knowledgeable in Fatigue Risk Management Systems
- Professional certification in the field of Environmental, Health & Safety is preferred - Experience with ISO 140001, OHSAS 18001 and OSHA VPP
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.