Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's supply chain and manufacturing teams are making the cars of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this Buyer role, you’ll:
- Purchase material and services to support R&D, production and G&A functions
- Liaison between suppliers and internal cross functional teams on accounts payable, procurement and logistics
- Read and understand ERP reports, purchase requisitions, RFQs, and contracts
- Manage various data sets from SAP to create direct and indirect spend related reports and dashboards
- Work with a strong sense of urgency and prioritize workload appropriately
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- An undergraduate degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a purchasing environment with 3 years using SAP
- Program or project management experience
- Knowledge of SOX Compliance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
It’s preferred if you have:
- International buying experience (import and export)
- Experience executing indirect contract including SOW’s
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.