Applications Engineering Lead
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The Business Systems team defines and builds the business IT architecture that supports the commercial operation of Waymo's autonomous vehicle fleet. The team stands at the intersection of finance, operations and IT; through creative architecture, expertise and attention to detail, it ensures that Waymo has world-class capabilities across all its business processes.
In this role, you’ll:
- Provide deep Technical expertise on Enterprise architecture design, systems and solutions selection and implementation, and continuous technical improvement of Waymo Business Systems Landscape
- Own and drive multiple systems development projects, collaborating effectively across multiple teams in Waymo and Alphabet internal IT, Product and Engineering functions in additional to external technology providers and consultants
- Develop current and target Systems architecture (IPAAS Solution) and lead Platform selection and implementation for several Cloud and On-Premise solution such as (Salesforce, SAP S4-Hana ERP, PLM, LMS, HRS and Internal Eng application eco-systems)
- Build internal solutions, with services that automate end-to-end business processes. Establish and maintain the highest levels of development practices(SDLC) including: technical design; solution development; systems configuration; test documentation/execution; issue identification and resolution; writing clean, modular and self-sustaining code
- Lead IT Governance control practices and ensure technical solution for SOX compliance requirements. Develop Technical support processes including engagement and escalation process with external product partners such as SAP or Salesforce
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Science or equivalent years of work experience
- 12+ years experience implementing, configuring, customizing and integrating 3rd-party software solutions; 5+ years experience in blueprinting, designing, estimating, implementing, testing and assessing end-to-end technology architecture and solutions for Business applications programs
- Experience with ABAP/BADI/BAPI/O-data and SAP modules configuration and customizations (SAP S4 Hana, Core Finance, Logistics, Supply Chain Management)
- Strong SQL programming skills (BigQuery or equivalent) is required. Scripting experience with Perl, Shell, Python and XML is needed
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills with a proven track record of implementing impactful cross-function solutions in a complex organizational environment
It is preferred if you have:
- Experience with ERP, CRM and GCP systems including an understanding of its underlying technologies and APIs
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.