Operations Strategy & Analytics Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The Operations team keeps Waymo’s business rolling. We are the vehicle operators, service technicians and customer support specialists who test and maintain our self-driving vehicles and bring help and guidance to our passengers and customers. The Operations team is the heart of Waymo’s testing operations and ride hailing service, handling every detail to make sure that each ride is the ultimate user experience.
In this role, you’ll:
- Partner with senior Operations leadership to answer the most important strategic & operational questions for the team
- Develop analytical frameworks, tools, and techniques to plan and communicate short and long term resource needs
- Conduct rigorous quantitative, qualitative, strategic and operational analysis
- Define KPIs & success metrics for the Operations team
- Support weekly and monthly reporting and forecasting for the Operations teams at Waymo
- Develop productive cross-functional relationships with senior leadership in Product, Business Operations, Partnerships, Finance & Engineering
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- 5+ years of work experience in a combination of strategy and operations roles (strategy consulting, business operations, logistics, investment banking/private equity, or equivalent fields)
- Distinctive problem solving, analysis skills and business judgment. Comfort with data modeling, reporting and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex data to wide audiences, including executives, and build clear, concise presentations
- Excellent analytical aptitude and experience with Excel and other tools
- Comfort leading leadership level decision making
- Get stuff done mentality and proven operational effectiveness
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.