Product Manager, Vehicle
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
Help craft Waymo’s vehicle experience! In this role you will leverage human factors studies, consumer and business insights to analyze scenarios and develop recommendations on vehicle features and attributes.
In this Product Manager role you'll:
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Help drive the development of Waymo’s vehicle strategy
- Analyze vehicle trade-offs based on data and insights
- Develop strategic vehicle content recommendations
- Work with Engineering, Design, and Operations to execute vehicle features and attributes throughout the development cycle
- Assist with research and pilot studies
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering or Business
- Automotive Industry Experience - 5 years or more (Engineering, Product, or Market Research)
- 2+ years of product management experience
- Strategy and analytical skills. Ability to gather and analyze large quantities of information, and turn them into a thoughtful and compelling product vision, including economics/business plan
- Good at problem stating and problem solving, and turning ambiguous problem spaces into radical solutions
- Flourish in ambiguity, setting own goals and effectively delivering to them in a very fast-changing environment
It's preferred if you have:
- Automotive Engineering background
- Masters degree - MBA or Engineering
- Consumer Insight or Market Research
- Working knowledge of statistics and analysis tools (SQL/dremel, python)
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.