Trucking Technical Structural and Electrical Integration Lead
Mountain View, California, United States
Novi, Michigan, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this Hardware Engineering role, you'll:
- Effectively consult with and communicate your knowledge of Trucking Vehicle Structural and Electrical platforms to engineers involved in the design of Waymo’s hardware
- Work directly with the Design Responsible Engineers to develop the trucking specific System, Subsystem, and Component Requirements which may be different or in addition to passenger vehicle standards
- Effectively consult on large commercial vehicle manufacturing and assembly methods to aid the development of the Waymo integration components
- Effectively consult on large commercial vehicle regulation landscape
- Review engineering performance and report to engineering management on fundamental engineering issues and training recommendations
- Utilize Google productivity software such as Google Sheets, Google Docs and Google Slides
At the minimum, we'd like you to have:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or relevant technical discipline
- Minimum 15 years experience in either: automotive, aerospace or hi-tech electro-mechanical design and development or suitable combination of these
- Strong written and oral communication skills
It's preferred if you have:
- A Master’s Degree
- Experience with CATIA V5 or V6R2015x or higher
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.