Head of Strategy & Business Operations
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The Strategy & Business Operations team plans Waymo’s dynamic future and drives the company’s go-to-market strategy and execution. We leverage quantitative and qualitative analysis to create long-term business strategies and help execute on Waymo’s commercial deployment. We’re looking for a dynamic new leader to take on the team and steer Waymo into the future.
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead a high-performing team in refining and executing Waymo’s strategy & maintain a holistic point of view on the competitive landscape
- Guide the Executive Leadership Team through the strategic planning process and work with leaders across the company to develop long-range strategic plans
- Build and refine Waymo’s go-to-market strategy, including business models definition, partnership strategy, and growth strategies
- Identify and develop business cases for strategic growth opportunities and operational improvements critical to Waymo's success
- Manage and own key operational and business planning processes to ensure Waymo is able to successfully deploy our AV services
- Collaborate on special projects with leaders of cross-functional teams including product & engineering, partnerships & operations, finance, marketing, and others
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- 12+ years of work experience in strategy, business operations, or similar roles in the technology sector, management consulting, investment banking, or similar fields
- A proven track record of guiding companies with strong strategic leadership
- Experience building and managing lean teams with outsized company impact
- Comfort partnering and consulting with executives of all functions on a daily basis
- Impeccable strategic and operational thinking
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and a fast paced industry
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.