Product Data Analyst
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this Product Data role you'll:
- Understand usage patterns of our riders & self-driving cars and determine how to continuously improve them
- Analyze large sets of data to discover metrics & insights using scripting languages
- Create pipelines and dashboards to track & communicate metrics
- Share findings with leaders across the company to help drive the product roadmap
- Run experiments to quantify improvements
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a data analyst, data scientist, or other quantitative role
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Math, Economics, Statistics/Operations Research, Computer Science, or another quantitative discipline
- Highly proficient in SQL and experience in at least one scripting language between Python & R
- Solid understanding of statistical principles, experimentation, data mining, and quantitative modeling
- Ability to work cross-functionally, solve ambiguous problems, and work independently
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.