Business Finance Manager- Strategy
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Our cars may be self-driving, but Waymo’s finances are steered by experts like you. The Finance and Accounting group manages all aspects of our finances and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with managing compilation of our financial statements, looking after our cash and overseeing compliance, we partner closely with the business in overseeing company wide resource allocation, developing cutting edge compensation initiatives and generating detailed financial analyses to drive the business forward. We also develop advanced capital strategies to support the company’s short- and long-term future.
In this role, you’ll:
- Own and maintain an integrated financial viewpoint across the business in the form of the company P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statement. You and your team will be responsible for financial models to support Waymo’s business, working closely with all stakeholders to accurately reflect and distill business thinking to drive decision-making and to operate the business. This function also will ensure appropriate visibility and oversight for key Waymo and Alphabet stakeholders.
- Build rigorous analytical tools and reporting to measure business results, key success metrics and financial performance, leveraging core systems infrastructure as appropriate and creating new capabilities as required
- Lead analysis and engagement to drive strategic initiatives on behalf of the C-suite and Board of Directors
- Partner with a subset of senior executives to support all aspects of the business, including Strategy, Engineering, Product, and Operations and beyond, to drive growth at Waymo. You will be expected to be a part of the development of strategy as well as enable the execution in the most efficient way possible, optimizing revenue and margin growth. This person will be a true thought partner to Waymo’s leadership and be able to think across functions and silos to identify interdepencies, risks, and opportunities for synergies.
- Cultivate strong relationships and collaboration across the Waymo Finance team and with other Alphabet Finance functions plus internal Waymo partners, supporting the development of junior analysts and promoting the continued development and effectiveness of the Waymo Finance team
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree, ideally in a quantitative field
- 12+ years of business experience including 5+ years of corporate finance, investment banking, or strategy consulting experience
- A demonstrated, valued business partner who can lead effectively at the most senior levels across multiple functions and businesses. An influencer who can collaborate both within the company and with external stakeholders on issues that can be controversial, bringing opposing points of view to a common understanding that is actionable.
- Ability to communicate with and influence the C-suite and other executive stakeholders
- Proven success in making high impact contributions at both the strategic and operational level. Organized, detail-oriented, strategically focused and ability to multitask in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment. Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, prioritizing workload and making decisions
- Demonstrated strong self-starter and bias to action, able to form and leverage strong relationships across functional areas to effectively influence stakeholder decision making
It’s preferred if you have:
- Transportation industry experience is a plus. MBA or CPA a plus
- A strong understanding of the executive decision-making process and corporate strategy development, and an appreciation for the relationship between an operating company and its parent organization
- Demonstrable success in leading / influencing successful Finance teams, including a track record of identifying opportunities for business improvement and defining/measuring the success of those initiatives
- Exceptional financial systems and productivity tools skills and experience (MS Excel, SQL & Relational Database/Analysis Tools, SAP, Google Productivity Suite)
- Excellent business partnering, influencing and presentation skills
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.