Hardware Test Development Engineer
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this Hardware Test Development Engineer role, you'll:
- Create hardware test specification and tester software requirements for autonomous vehicle hardware
- Design automated test equipment, including tester schematics, layout for PCBA and end of line testers, reliability, and engineering
- Automate off-the-shelf test equipment like power supply, oscilloscope, DAQ, generators, analyzers, etc. and communication protocols like CAN, LIN, FlexRay, Ethernet, USB and GPIB.
- Create requirements for custom test hardware
- Develop tester software in python to run test cases as per specifications
- Work with contract manufacturers and internal teams (EE, SWE, PM, Mfg Engineers) to integrate testers on manufacturing line and train their test teams
We'd like you to have:
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience designing and developing automated test equipment for low voltage hardware
- Hands-on experience testing electronic products
- Strong proficiency in Linux and developing software in Python
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time
It's preferred if you have:
- Experience in embedded software development
- Experience with Compute, Laser, Radar and/or Camera Technologies
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.