Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this Hardware Test Development Engineer role, you'll:
- Create hardware functional test specification and tester software requirements for electronic modules and hardware used in autonomous vehicle hardware
- Design and develop automated test equipment, including tester schematics, layout for PCBA and end of line testers, reliability, and engineering
- Automate off-the-shelf test equipment like power supply, oscilloscope, DAQ, generators, analyzers, etc. and communication protocols like CAN, LIN, FlexRay, Ethernet, USB and GPIB.
- Create requirements for custom test electrical hardware to be used on testers
- Develop tester software in python to run test cases as per specifications
- Work with contract manufacturers and internal teams (EE, SWE, PM, Mfg Engineers) to integrate testers on manufacturing line and train their test teams
We'd like you to have:
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience designing and developing automated test equipment for low voltage hardware electronics
- Hands-on experience testing electronic products
- Strong proficiency in Linux and developing software in Python
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time
It's preferred if you have:
- Experience in embedded software development
- Experience with Compute, Laser, Radar and/or Camera Technologies
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.