Product Manager, Trucking
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this Product Manager role you'll:
- Refine Waymo’s product vision and strategy for trucking
- Develop roadmap and determine product requirements, leveraging user research, product insight and technical know-how
- Work closely with Engineering (Hardware, Software, Systems) to execute towards roadmap and turn breakthrough technologies into products
- Work cross-functionally with Operations, BizOps, Marketing, Supply Chain, Policy, Legal, and other Waymo teams to bring to market products that solve customer needs, save lives, and transform freight transportation
At minimum we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years of experience in product management
- Strategy and analytical skills. Ability to gather and analyze large quantities of information, and turn them into a thoughtful and compelling product vision, including economics/business plan. Good at problem stating and problem solving, and turning ambiguous problem spaces into radical solutions
- Flourish in ambiguity, setting own goals and effectively delivering to them in a very fast-changing environment. Motivated by making the world a better place through technology, and wanting to be part of a team that makes this happen
It's preferred if you have:
- Master's degree in a technical or engineering field or MBA or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in autonomous vehicles a plus
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.