Rider Support Shift Manager
Chandler, Arizona, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Operations keeps Waymo’s business rolling. We are the vehicle operators, service technicians and customer support specialists who test and maintain our self-driving vehicles and bring help and guidance to our passengers and customers. The Operations team is the heart of Waymo’s testing operations and ride hailing service, handling every detail to make sure that each ride is the ultimate user experience.
In this management role, you'll:
- Monitor and manage for changes in contact volume (through various channels) and overall rider satisfaction while guaranteeing our riders’ support experience to be personal and professional
- Act as the point of escalation for all agents and be an advocate for your team
- Represent the voice of the rider to management to address potential concerns
- Exhibit strong leadership capabilities and emphasize collaboration amongst your team
- Measure the quality of your team’s interactions with our riders and make judgements based on those assessments
- Contribute to the health of Waymo’s relationship with riders and the overall efficiency of our PHX operation
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Must adhere to a rigid schedule of operating times for the assigned shift including, but not limited to, working on holidays and shift rotations
- 2+ years of experience in customer support, quality assurance or operations
- 1 year of personnel management experience
- Superb communication skills
- 1 year experience with CRM systems
- Ability to work the hours of 1:30pm-10:30pm
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.