Business Intelligence Analyst, Engineering Operations
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo’s Engineering Operations team plays a vital role in the creation and development of our self-driving technology. Software Quality, Labeling and Mapping Operations are all part of this team: we review critical events, flag problematic cases, build sets of labeled data for machine learning, and make sure our high-definition maps are extraordinarily accurate as they grow with the business.
In this business intelligence role, you'll:
- Join Waymo as the first operations Business Intelligence analyst
- Deeply understand the workflows of a wide-array of the crucial operational teams required to create Waymo’s software
- Create the data structure to allow Waymo’s operations to be reliably tracked
- Build dashboards that enable operations leads to understand key trends in the business, and guide to solutions/opportunities
- Support in analysis to define KPIs to better guide the business
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- SQL wizard, able to build robust data pipelines and provide the whole company with a reliable source-of-truth
- Data visualization - can structure reports and dashboards to give clarity on the key insights
- Numerical-based degree (mathematics, engineering, economics, natural sciences etc), or equivalent experience in analytical roles
- Structured thinking - can easily break down complex ambiguous problems and propose alternative solutions
- Communication skills - can explain thinking clearly and partner with teams across the business
- Fast learner - able to quickly ramp up on new technical and business topics
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience with internal Google tools such as PLX dashboards and dasnavs preferred
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and sense of humor our is always appreciated
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.