Senior Project Manager, Process Excellence
Chandler, Arizona, United States
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Operations keeps Waymo’s business rolling. We are the vehicle operators, service technicians and customer support specialists who test and maintain our self-driving vehicles and bring help and guidance to our passengers and customers. The Operations team is the heart of Waymo’s testing operations and ride hailing service, handling every detail to make sure that each ride is the ultimate user experience.
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead & drive process improvement projects (Six Sigma, Lean) as well as process design/redesign efforts via kaizen initiatives and/or project management (PMP) that drive efficiency & scale across Operations
- Build & execute on the long term vision for Process Excellence across Operations
- Serve as a subject matter expert on process improvement and process design within Operations and Waymo at large
- Identify opportunities to implement more efficient processes & cut down on waste within the Operations organization
- Help establish standard work and performance metrics to drive operational excellence to support long-term business goals
- Works in partnership with Operations teams to develop LEAN strategies and coach teams to support the adoption of a culture of Continuous Improvement
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- LEAN or Six Sigma Black Belt
- Demonstrated analytical problem-solving skills: identifying opportunities for improvement, applying a disciplined approach to determine root cause, then creating and implementing appropriate corrective actions
- Expert of change management principles, methodologies and tools, as well as innovative and cutting edge best practices
- Proven track record of leading lean initiatives with substantial positive business results
We'd prefer if you have:
- PMP Certification
- Experience building out a PMO or Lean Organization
- MBA or graduate degree in Industrial Engineering
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.