Legal Operations Associate
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
At Waymo Legal, you will work on the exciting legal issues surrounding our transformational autonomous vehicle technology and help drive our business lines forward from technology ideation through scaled commercial deployment. We partner with our public policy, safety, security and privacy experts to define transportation policy for the self-driving world to come, advising on regulatory changes that support and protect our users around the world. We collaborate with our engineering, product, strategy and operations teams to develop and protect our intellectual property portfolio and drive our corporate and commercial transactions. We ensure compliance with an increasingly complex and dynamic range of global regulations. And we anticipate, mitigate, and litigate high-profile and precedent-setting legal matters.
In this role, you’ll:
- Manage the legal department’s technology stack including deploying new department technology initiatives to improve legal team productivity and maintaining technology solutions, such as e-billing, contract management, and intellectual property management systems
- Advise the legal department on law firm needs including optimizing law firm usage, building out Waymo’s law firm bench and owning ongoing law firm relationships
- Provide oversight on legal department budget and spend, including building dashboards to track spend, implementing cost control initiatives, and liaising with finance and legal leads to provide routine budget updates
- Manage complex cross-functional projects that support the legal department’s continuous operational improvement
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- 4+ years of work experience in a law firm, an in-house legal department, a consulting or finance firm, or comparable experience elsewhere
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience as a consultant in the areas of technology, vendor, and spend management
- Excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills, and demonstrated ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.