Business Finance Analyst
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Our cars may be self-driving, but Waymo’s finances are steered by experts like you. The Finance and Accounting group manages all aspects of our finances and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with managing compilation of our financial statements, looking after our cash and overseeing compliance, we partner closely with the business in overseeing company wide resource allocation, developing cutting edge compensation initiatives and generating detailed financial analyses to drive the business forward. We also develop advanced capital strategies to support the company’s short- and long-term future.
In this role, you’ll:
- Maintain the company’s budgeting and forecasting tools and processes for various business teams
- Conduct different deal analysis, including consideration of strategic alternatives, contract review and revision of key financial terms
- Engaging with business partners to provide strong financial oversight for business decision support including items such as deal review, PO approvals and TVC requests
- Working with cost center owners to develop and maintain rolling monthly and annual forecasts and understand sources of variances and uncertainty
- Manage Waymo’s annual planning process and the development of budgets on an annual cycle, which will prioritize our resources and provide guidance to the business
- Preparing executive presentations for budget, forecast and business analysis
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BS/BA/MBA in Finance, Accounting or Business related
- 3+ years’ experience in Finance or Business Analysis
- Stellar business acumen with strong financial modeling skills and familiarity with financial statements
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required. Ability to present thoughtful input to controversial decision making and influence outcomes
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth oriented environment
- Proven analytical and project management skills
It’s preferred if you have:
- Modeling P&L’s and Cash flows for various company-wide business lines
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.