Materials Program Manager
Novi, Michigan, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's supply chain and manufacturing teams are making the cars of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this Materials Program Manager role, you'll:
- Analyze manufacturing build plan against inventory and supply chain data to determine demand for material replenishment
- Obtain quotes from suppliers and submit purchase orders
- Manage delivery schedules to ensure materials arrive ahead of requirement date
- Track and mitigate Excess and Obsolescence
- Partner with the Contract Manufacturers to develop and manage a Clear-To-Build that incorporates the specific supply chain and materials flow details to project availability of supply versus demand
- Monitor the integrity of Bill of Materials (BOM) and manage inventory accuracy
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with suppliers to ensure demand for materials is met
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- BA degree in Business Administration, Management and/or related discipline
- 3 years experience in Material Planning for automotive, semiconductor, or consumer devices
- Strong knowledge of MRP (Material Requirements Planning) system functionality
- General end-to-end knowledge of supply chain, manufacturing, logistics and warehouse operations
- Advanced spreadsheet / Excel skills; Ability to generate complex dashboards, tools, and reports
- Self motivated with attention to detail and desire to improve existing processes and work in an autonomous environment and excellent written and verbal communication
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience with SAP
- Familiarity with Google Apps (gmail, docs, calendar)
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.