Communications Manager- Consumer, Product & Partnerships
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
As a member of the communications team, you’ll be on the cutting edge of bringing self-driving vehicles to the public, developing strategies that will increase understanding, acceptance, and adoption of this life-saving technology. We work with reporters, editors, bloggers, and other influencers to tell stories about Waymo and the potential of our technology to change how we move and live. We partner with the engineering, business, policy, marketing and product teams to create messaging for new products and other initiatives, counter misinformation, and shape our reputation.
In this role, you'll:
- Develop messaging and communications strategies to promote Waymo’s fully self-driving technology, products, and B2B and B2C partnerships.
- Work cross-functionally to create a clear narrative about Waymo, our brand, our business and vision.
- Build awareness of Waymo through media and consumer-facing initiatives that articulate Waymo’s mission, values and technology.
- Manage relationships with key press, partners and influencers, including serving as an on-record spokesperson.
- Train and advise spokespersons for media interviews, press conferences and presentations.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- +10 years of relevant work experience in Corporate, B2B, Executive Communications, Product, and/or Consumer communication
- Experience working directly with reporters, editors, bloggers, researchers, industry analysts and other thought leaders
- Prior management experience
It’s preferred if you have:
- Background in the technology, automotive or mobility sector or experience developing messaging for new-to-the-market products
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.