Data Visualization Tools, Front End Engineer
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo's mission is to improve people's lives by transforming mobility. Imagine a world where people are freed from the frustration and energy wasted driving to get to the place they want to be, auto accident deaths aren't one of the leading causes of death, and everyone can get from point A to point B.
The Waymo UX Engineering team is building a team to help our internal users to understand and debug our self-driving software stack. In this role, you will focus on building Web-based tools which present the wealth of data generated by the Self-Driving Car in ways that allow for efficiently diagnosing and solving problems
We are looking for a passionate engineer with a track record of bringing awesome products to market. You will work on an Android application to control the car features before and during a ride, to inspire trust in the self-driving systems The team works closely with a small cross-functional team of product managers, designers and UX researchers, as well as the vehicle engineers and AI experts to experiment and iterate towards bringing this technology to customers.
This position requires experience in two or more of the following:
- 4+ years of experience in building and shipping an Angular/Typescript web app from scratch using Google’s best practices
- C++, 3D/OpenGL on web platforms.
- Client-server protocols
- Focus on pixel-perfect UI, and strong collaboration with UX designers
- Strong communication skills, being able to collaborate with the wider Waymo team (product managers, designers, vehicle and robotics engineers, and executives)
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Web Front End
- Angular / Typescript
- Passion and experience building tools to make users more productive
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.