Program Manager - Automotive Partnerships and Programs
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this Hardware Engineering role, you'll:
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, and partners to track and manage complex project schedules, milestones
- Use technical judgment to drive project delivery, timing and liaise with partners
- Effectively communicate across various levels of organization
- Manage multiple work streams engage teams and engineers, set the pace for development, deployment and delivery
- Develop and prepare project documentation, process maps, business presentations and tracking reports to provide detailed current status of each project to Chief Automotive Partnerships and Programs officer
- Manage the daily operations of the team to help with productivity
At the minimum, we'd like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 1+ years of program management experience
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and strong analytical skills with proven results
- Experience liaising with C-suite
- High level of discretion and confidentiality
It's preferred if you have:
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Track record of success managing multiple projects
- Ability to travel up to 25%
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.