Software Test Engineer, Radar
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Manage the operation and configuration of test infrastructure
- Integrate new devices into test infrastructure, including test equipment, actuators, robot arms, radar targets, etc.
- Implement and maintain automated tools to access and retrieve results from test infrastructure
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field
- Coding experience in C or C++ and Matlab or Python
- Experience with Linux
- Experience configuring and managing TCP/IP networks
- Experience with embedded systems or mechatronics
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience running production computer systems, e.g. computer labs, test stands, IT
- Experience in production testing infrastructure
- Linux sysadmin and configuration management experience
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.