Program Manager, Software Quality Operations
Novi, Michigan, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
As a Program Manager on Waymo Software Quality Operations you will lead a team that supports the needs of Waymo’s Software, Release and Systems Engineering teams. The Software Quality Operations team drills through hundreds of thousands of miles of simulated driving to find important safety critical issues and give engineers quick and proficient feedback on software quality. This role will include standing up a new site to support these operations.
In this role you'll:
- Coordinate all necessary activities as part of standing up a new site for our operations
- Coach, develop and lead a high performing team of technical specialists
- Drive operational rigor, ensuring timely execution against business critical priorities
- Partner with Engineering and Product to develop and execute technical work-plans involving analysis using simulation tools
- Lead strategic initiatives involving tooling, process and infrastructure that help scale the organization
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- BA / BS in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
- Background in consulting, operations, technology, technical / program management or equivalent experience
- Strong technical skills; ability to work with Engineers across multiple disciplines
- 5+ years leading operations workflows and teams
- 5+ years leading technical projects and / or teams with excellent project management skills
- 2+ years of direct people management experience
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.