System Test Engineer (Trucking)
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo's Systems Engineering team works together to blend software and hardware systems in groundbreaking new ways. We set the high performance standards that ensure our vehicles run smoothly and keep passengers safe, then design and perform the tests that validate that performance. Our technical program managers create and maintain the plans and timelines that keep projects on schedule. We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results.
In this role, you'll:
- Plan, execute, and document tests to verify and validate self-driving system behavior and performance, expose issues, and identify root causes. Test complex hardware/software systems that push the frontier in hardware design, software design, and system integration. Conduct hands-on test preparation and execution, as well as write complete test plans, procedures, and reports.
- Analyze test results and sign-off that they are passing, or troubleshoot/identify issue and drive it all the way to bug closure
- Plan and Execute design verification test program. Create schedules, detailed test plans, vehicle and system monitoring and analysis scripts for ongoing design verification testing. Travel to labs and test sites to perform testing, and document / analyze results of testing for pass/fail against requirements.
- Conduct fleet data analysis for design verification. See how the fleet is performing on a broader basis vs. requirements by using analysis to identify trends and performance margin.
- Automate verification and validation tests at various levels of integration.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BS in Software, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, or Mechatronics or equivalent engineering field
- Experience with data analysis in python, Matlab or equivalent programming
- Experience with linux or unix based systems
- Proactive, organized and good collaboration skills
- Hands-on experience testing, troubleshooting or debugging air/ground/space vehicle systems or complex software systems
- Commercial Trucking / Semi-Trucking Industry Knowledge
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience testing heavy / semi trucks, vehicles or robots
- Semi-Truck ADAS System Testing Experience
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.