Product Manager, Driverless
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this Product Manager role you'll:
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Collaborate closely with operations, SW / HW engineering, and other PMs to define the long-term picture of how to operate a fleet of driverless vehicles, and own the engineering roadmap towards that vision
- Solve challenges across a complex system that simultaneously depends on hardware, software and human factors
- Interest in solving highly cross-functional technical / organizational issues
- The ability to think about the long-term, and then decompose that vision into concrete, actionable plans
- The desire to understand detailed technical and operational processes and a hunger to improve things
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience with both hardware and software development
- Experience in management consulting or operations improvement
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.