Senior Mechanical Engineer
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this Hardware Engineering role, you'll:
- Design and produce industry-leading sensor technologies
- Take ownership and manage your own products and systems
- Collaborate with electrical/RF engineering, manufacturing, vehicle engineering, reliability, and industrial design
- Work on projects for prototyping through mass production
- Design for improved manufacturability and cost reduction
At the minimum, we'd like you to have:
- 5+ years of industry experience in consumer electronics, automotive sensors, or related product design experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years of industry experience within mechanical engineering
- Proficient with 3D CAD tools
- Demonstrated creative design abilities and attention to detail
- Experience with tolerance analysis, GD&T, BOM management, PLM release processes
- Experience designing metal, plastic, and elastomer parts
It's preferred if you have:
- 8+ years of experience of consumer electronics, automotive sensors, or related product design experience
- MS in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with integrating RF features/components
- Solidworks and/or CATIA proficiency
- Experience working with/visiting international vendors
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.