Senior Hardware Reliability Engineer
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this Hardware Engineering role, you'll:
- Own the hardware reliability program for multiple hardware modules from prototype to production phase
- Plan, design, and execute hardware characterization and validation tests using automated scripts/software
- Design and fabricate custom mechanical and electrical test setups
- Coordinate failure analysis efforts on hardware components
- Act as a technical lead for the other hardware reliability engineers
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Master’s degree in an engineering discipline similar to electrical, computer, mechanical or mechatronics
- 4+ years experience in fast-moving hardware development through at least one full hardware development and release cycle
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience in electro-mechanical hardware module design
- Python, Matlab, C++, Solidworks (or similar) proficiency
- Fundamental knowledge of electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and physics
- Ability to read electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.