Fleet Dispatcher (Overnight Shift)
Chandler, Arizona, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Operations keeps Waymo’s business rolling. We are the vehicle operators, service technicians and customer support specialists who test and maintain our self-driving vehicles and bring help and guidance to our passengers and customers. The Operations team is the heart of Waymo’s testing operations and ride hailing service, handling every detail to make sure that each ride is the ultimate user experience.
In this management role, you'll:
- Answer calls and communicate effectively with mobile operatives in the field and organize daily assignments.
- Be a support outlet for infield operatives, and be able to respond and handle emergency situations with composure.
- Be able to provide quality technical feedback, and make priority based decisions while maximizing resources.
- Manage staffing vendor SLAs (metrics management and policy compliance) and make safety-based judgement calls at the expense of productivity.
- Cultural and motivational leader - Be able to motivate a group of individuals to meet team and program goals.
- Initiate, commence, and complete side projects based on project needs.
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 1 year experience operating self-driving vehicle systems
- 1 year of management, mentoring and/or instructor experience. (resource planning, allocation, optimization, reporting etc)
- Must adhere to a rigid schedule of operating times for the assigned shift including, but not limited to, working on holidays and shift rotations.
- Must remain flexible with the changing needs of the business.
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time or more as the business demand changes
It's preferred if you have:
- 2 years of experience self driving vehicle instruction or operating autonomous vehicle systems.
- 2 years of experience dispatching or coordinating logistics.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.