Software Technical Program Manager, Embedded
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with hardware engineers, software developers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the requirements, design, and schedule to ensure we build the best product. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Partner with management to coordinate bring-up of new hardware (like lidar and other sensors)
- Plan software development projects, ensuring coherent use of task hot lists, initial routing of bugs, and balancing long-term goals against short-term priorities
- Own software analytics/metrics to ensure we track software capability and behavior across releases
- Collaborate across various teams with respect to requirements, priorities, and processes
- Partner with management to coordinate bring-up of new hardware, development of common tools, and building of shared infrastructure
- Interface between our team and vendors (for MCUs, IMU sensors, etc.) to facilitate correct implementations
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in a science or engineering field, or equivalent practical experience
- Track-record of successfully managing complex software development efforts, including tools & processes, breaking down and estimating work, prioritization and issue management
- Understanding of code; comfort with programming/scripting for dash-boarding, data analysis, and basic automation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; experience crafting compelling messages for multiple audiences
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience with embedded software projects that are tightly coupled with hardware development
- Comfortable working on early-stage projects in an environment with ambiguity and change
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.