Los Angeles, California, United States
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this Hardware Engineering role, you'll:
- Combine both empiricism and theory to provide actionable answers to radar design questions
- Be the go-to expert on radar data for users, explain phenomenology, troubleshoot and explain issues to a user community with diverse technical backgrounds
- Develop insightful tests that span the range of radar integration stages, including individual snapshot evaluation, fully integrated on self-driving vehicles, and fleet wide data mining
- Perform data analysis from desktop to datacenter scale, leverage a large ecosystem of tools and develop & maintain your own
- Document and disseminate findings to a multidisciplinary team
At the minimum, we'd like you to have:
- A bachelor’s degree in mathematics, physics, engineering, or other technical field (advanced degree preferred)
- Coursework and/or experience in signal processing, probability and statistics
- Experience with radar design, verification and validation, including test design and results documentation
- Proficiency in MATLAB, Python, and C/C++
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.