Hardware Electrical Engineer, Board Design
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this Hardware Engineer role, you'll:
- Gather cross-functional requirements, contribute to HW architecture definition, and develop HW specifications
- Design PCBAs (perform schematic capture and closely manage board layout)
- Develop and execute Bring-up and Design Verification Tests
- Support Manufacturing supply, build, and test activities
- Troubleshoot design, manufacturing, and field failures
- Support HW sustaining activities
At the minimum, we'd like you to have:
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering
- At least 5 years of experience designing complex PCBAs with a mix of high-speed digital, analog and power electronics
- Some experience in bringing products from Concept to Production using a methodical Product Life-Cycle process
It's preferred if you have:
- Strong teamwork & communication skills
- Experience with designing robust HW (Enterprise-class, Radar, RF, and/or Automotive products)
- A proven track record of bringing multiple products from Concept to Mass Production
- A deep understanding of high-speed signal integrity concepts
- Proficient with eCAD tools (Altium preferred)
- Experience in specifying & utilizing low-level SW, HW Diagnostics, and scripts
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.