Staffing Operations Project Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take seriously our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture.
In this Staffing Operations Project Manager role, you'll:
- Structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analysis, developing robust recommendations and driving them through to completion.
- Contribute to Waymo’s recruiting reporting infrastructure, inclusive of creating/tracking key performance metrics, mining them for actionable insights, and ensuring that data is gathered and optimally structured to enable useful reporting, dashboards and data analysis.
- Document and evolve Waymo’s hiring processes, spotting and acting on opportunities to improve/automate/innovate them, while maintaining a strong focus on candidate quality, user experience, and recruiter productivity.
- Serve as the resident expert on our third-party tools and services, effectively managing those relationships and exploring new ones.
- Own all aspects of ad-hoc recruiting related programs and projects aimed at building team member capabilities, delivering a best-in-class candidate experience, and scaling our services into the future.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience in a Business Operations or Project/Program Management role, preferably in a high growth and demanding environment.
- 2+ years of analytical experience tracking metrics and working with data to uncover trends, report on results, inform business decisions and improve business processes.
- Experience in improving and identifying issues in processes, suggesting user focused improvements.
- Tech-savvy with the ability to quickly learn new software systems
- Proven program and project management skills, from design through to execution of complex, large-scale initiatives, with a bias for action and dependable, self-directed follow-through.
It’s preferred if you have:
- Self-starter who proactively identifies opportunities to streamline processes with a high level of creativity, perseverance and flexibility.
- Exceptional attention to detail, solid time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Articulate and persuasive communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfort with a high rate of change and the ability to successfully navigate ambiguity.
- Demonstrated track record of developing effective partnerships and relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and “can-do” attitude - ready to roll up your sleeves and trail blaze through uncharted territory.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.