Technical Program Manager, Vehicle Firmware Integration
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role, you'll:
- Devise and maintain a software management plan for vehicle system firmware provided by vehicle OEM partners and Tier 1 suppliers, focusing on feature sets and delivery timing while identifying dependencies between various vehicle modules.
- Bring teams together across Waymo’s vehicle partners and Waymo systems engineering to define plans, schedules and tracking mechanisms for the execution of Vehicle Design Validation Plans (DVPs) against program milestones
- Manage prototype vehicle resources, including vehicle allocation, configuration, and status, with the aim of executing a successful DVP programme.
- Heavily support vehicle system integration build events, acting as a main interface between Waymo and our vehicle partners & suppliers to raise, root cause and close build issues.
- Define Waymo’s fleet update policy with respect to vehicle platform software
- Champion Waymo’s fleet vehicle system firmware rollout process, defining the sign-off and release plan and driving execution through to fleet rollout completion.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience, successfully managing projects/programs in automotive or technical environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; experience crafting compelling messages for multiple audiences
It’s preferred if you have:
- Ability to break down complex work products into constituent parts, create plans to closure and drive cross-functional teams to execute
- Ability to deliver to a high standard under pressure in a rapidly evolving environment
- A strong root-cause analysis mindset to problem solving
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.